READ IN: Español
In 2019, Alessandro Michele’s house established a scholarship program that allocated a $1.5 million investment in training students in fashion over the next 4 years. Now Gucci has unveiled the list of students of its North American internship; the place where the next generation of fashion will be cooked up. #GucciChangemakers
20 fashionists from various backgrounds and a scholarship of up to $20,000 per avatar. This scholarship also offers mentoring and virtual internship opportunities through the Gucci center in the U.S.
“Because education is vital to implementing real change and ensuring that diverse voices are in positions of power, it is more important than ever to nurture the next generation of talent. I was delighted to meet each inspiring applicant along with our Changemaker Council, and we are excited to see what they do next and how they help transform the fashion industry. I am proud to be part of a company that empowers this inaugural class of visionaries, changemakers,” said Antoine Phillips, vice president of brand engagement and culture for Gucci, in a press release.
First presented on the Gucci Equilibrium platform, this initiative focuses on students who live or study in one of the 12 ‘Gucci North America Changemakers’ cities such as Atlanta, Houston, L.A. or New York.
GUCCI NORTH AMERICA CHANGEMAKERS SCHOLARS LIST
- Astrid Viera, currently a high school senior attending Mt.
- Celeste Haselrig, currently a college freshman attending Parsons.
- Destinee Elliott, currently a freshman at Thomas Jefferson University.
- Diop Russell, currently a sophomore at Spelman University.
- Fabiola Lopez, currently a freshman at Azusa Pacific University.
- Gabrielle DeLeon, currently a freshman at FIT.
- Gideon Gomm, currently a college freshman attending Parsons.
- Jasmine Bacchus, currently a junior at Brown University.
- Kaitlyn Gilliam, currently a junior at Howard University.
- Kristian Brown, currently a sophomore at FIT.
- Malachi Williams, currently a high school senior attending Hunter College.
- Marcus Williams, currently a sophomore at the University of Southern California: School of Motion Picture Arts and Marshall School of Business.
- Marie France Mendy, currently a sophomore at Cornell University.
- Maya Davis, currently a senior attending Bowling Green State University.
- Miles Richards, currently a high school senior attending the University of Creative Studies, Detroit.
- Nailah Barnes, currently a sophomore at Spelman College.
- Nicole Scott, currently a freshman at the University of Cincinnati.
- Sekoi Cooper, currently a junior at Parsons University.
- Glory Lee, currently a freshman at Brown University and the Rhode Island School of Design.
- Trevon Barnes, currently a sophomore at FIT.
GUCCI NORTH AMERICA CHANGEMAKERS SCHOLARS X CFDA SCHOLARS BY DESIGN
- Ajai Kasim, currently a high school senior attending Parsons.
- Kaya Ugorji, currently a high school senior attending FIT.
The next round of applications for Gucci North America Changemakers x CFDA Scholars By Design will begin in the fall. If you want to become the next #guccichangemaker, find out how you can do it through this link.